Wellington Town & Around Web site
Site by Webthingys
..efficient, affordable web sites and the Highway West town sites.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Try the SEARCH box >>
Wellington NSW Central West
Wellington NSW one of 18 regions in the HIGHWAY WEST family of Town sites.
Highway West family of Central West, Central Tablelands & Blue Mountains NSW - Town Sites.
Our Thanks....... please mention the Wellington-nsw.com website when you contact any business/organisations below.
WELLINGTON GALLERY & HISTORIC BUILDINGS
Wellington, Central NSW, Central West NSW
Go to Top of page..
Cameron Park and War Memorial - on Nanima Crescent (the Mitchell Highway) - opposite Swift St.Cameron Park - on Nanima Crescent (the Mitchell Highway)Cameron Park - with the Wellington Visitor Information Centre - on Nanima Crescent (the Mitchell Highway) right in the centre of town.Cameron Park  - Bell River View.The old Commercial Hotel -1865 (now flats). Follow Nanima Crescent north, turn left at Warne Street and travel to the corner of  Raymond Street.St Patrick's Catholic Church - 1914.  Turn back on Warne St and head east to the corner of Percy Street.The Oxley Museum  - 1883 - opposite St Patrick's Catholic Church.  Originally the Bank of NSW.St John the Baptist Anglican Church - 1867 - opposite the Oxley Museum - cnr. Warne & Percy Sts. Wellington's oldest surviving church.St John the Baptist Anglican Church - 1867The Wellington Hotel with bell tower and turret is on the corner of Arthurst & Swift St. Turn right into Arthur street from Warne St.The Wellington Railway Station 1880 is to the left in Swift Street.Swift Street Medical Centre is opposite the Hotel on the corner of Arthur & Swift StsWellington Civic Hall on Swift Street.National Australia Bank 1881 - designed by G A Mansfield - built of stuccoed brick.  Travel west on Swift St to the corner Of Percy St - opposite Cameron Park.National Australia Bank 1881 - designed by G A Mansfield - built of stuccoed brick.Wellington Post Office - Edwardian (1904) - Maughan Street.  - From Swift St turn left into Percy St. (Mitchell Hwy)and then left into Maughan St.Wellington Police Station - Maughan StreetWellington Courthouse - late Victorian c. 1890s - corner of Maughan & Arthur StreetsFederal Hotel - 1894 - opposite the Courthouse - Cnr. Maughan Street & Mitchell HighwayView looking down Maughan Street - Renshaw McGirr Way- over the Bell River towards ParkesWellington Public School - the original schoolroom still exists (1885) - Arthur StreetSt Andrew's Uniting Church (1907) is a little further down Arthur St. on the corner of Maxwell Street.Travel North on the Mitchell Highway crossing the Macquarie River to Montifores - looking to the right you will see the Railway Bridge.Railway Bridge over the Macquarie River at Wellington.The Lion of Waterloo 1841 - take the first left into Montefiores Street and travel down to the corner of Gipps Street.The historic Old Wellington District Hospital and Surrounds - pre 1910 - at the end of Maxwell St. After renovations the old hospital has been turned into grand boutique accommodation, a function centre and restaurant. Belle River Estate Winery - on the Mitchell Highway heading to Molong and Orange.
PHOTO GALLERY:
Click any image to view the larger image Gallery Slide Show.
WELLINGTON PHOTO GALLERY
Take a pictorial tour around Wellington - visit the town centre, it's Parks and Gardens, Historical Buildings, beautiful Churches and tranquil Rivers.
National Australia Bank (1881) - designed by G A Mansfield
Wellington Post Office - Edwardian (1904)
Wellington Courthouse - late Victorian C.1890s
Federal Hotel (1894)
Wellington Public School with original schoolroom (1885)
St. Andrew's Uniting Church (1907)
Macquarie River
The Lion of Waterloo (1841)
Old Wellington District Hospital - ore 1910
Cameron Park and Wellington Visitor Information Centre
Bell River
Old Commercial Hotel (1865)
St Patrick's Catholic Church (1914)
The Oxley Museum (1883) - originally the Bank of NSW
St John the Baptist Anglican Church (1867)
The Wellington Hotel with Bell Tower and turret
Wellington Railway Station (1880)
Wellington Civic Hall
Cameron Park photos - Wellington Gallery
CAMERON PARK
Cameron Park is hailed as one of the best public gardens in NSW.
The Park makes up one side of the main street running down to the Bell River. (Nanima Cres. is the main St & also a section of the Mitchell Highway).
Cameron Park has superb rose gardens plus some sunken gardens which are on the site of the former municipal baths.
The lily pond was once the children's swimming pool.
Cameron Park is linked to Pioneer Park via a suspension bridge over the Bell River.